A Living Lab formed with the basis in the organisation SoCentral and an extended network of partners and member companies.
SoLabs ambition is to build on the current platform consisting of SoLab, the Nordic Social Innovation Incubator and the comprehensive existing project portfolio to accomplish the following:
- Establish a NOK 250 million social innovation fund that can serve as the basis for large social innovation programmes / projects developed in or in collaboration with SoLab and the Nordic Social Innovation Incubator.
- Establish SoLab and the Nordic Social Innovation Incubator as the premier Nordic social innovation space, environment and Living Lab.
- Secure funding for smart / sustainable urban city development projects with a social dimension in Greater Oslo.
Social Innovation, Social Inclusion. Smart Cities , Urban Innovation, Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Energy and Climate Change”
About Oslo Social Innovation Lab
Oslo Social Innovation Lab (SoLab) is a Living Lab formed with the basis in the organisation SoCentral and an extended network of partners and member companies. SoLab is located in the Nordic Social Innovation Incubator based in Oslo, Norway. SoCentral is a partner for entrepreneurs and enterprises that develop solutions to societal and social challenges. This social innovation environment / Living Lab around the Nordic Social Innovation Incubator has been operational since 2013, and was initiated for people who want to do something with local and global societal challenges.
The world is on the brink of a green revolution. A shift from fossil to renewable fuels must take place within the next 30 to 50 years. The New Climate Economy Report does however state that we need to see large structural change within the next 15 years. We need to act now. The development of sustainable cities is an important driver for green growth.
By bringing together key people from a wide variety of disciplines, organisations and sectors, by using their insights, knowledge and network our LL create ideas and business models that lead to green growth. The process uses the City of Oslo as a platform for innovation, with a long term aim of creating a global example of tomorrow’s sustainable society.
- Member base: Our extensive member base (+100 people from +60 organisations)
- Network: A wide network of partners; directly and through our membership base, extending the reach of SoLab
- Incubator: Our Nordic Social Innovation Incubator space, with adjacent spaces hosted by Sentralen
- R&I funding bodies: Close contact with several existing and potential funding sources
- Values: The members of the incubator have been screened for cultural fit, as openness to share and collaborate.